Depend on Wayne Health Vascular & Vein Center for Aortic Aneurysm Repair
An aortic aneurysm occurs when the walls of your aorta are weakened or compromised. Your aorta is a crucial part of your vascular system and overall health, as it is responsible for carrying oxygenated blood out of the heart and into the rest of your body. If you have a thoracic (upper body) aortic aneurysm or an abdominal aortic aneurysm, surgery may be the best option if you are in danger of a rupture.
If you need an aortic aneurysm repair in Goldsboro, NC, the best source for the care you deserve is with Dr. Albrecht at Wayne Health Vascular & Vein Center.
Efficient & Timely Aortic Aneurysm Repair in Goldsboro, NC
Aortic aneurysm ruptures are dangerous, as many are fatal. If it is determined that you need surgery right away, schedule to meet with us at Wayne Vascular & Vein.
You will likely be a good candidate for the procedure if you are determined to meet some of these factors:
- If the aortic aneurysm is five centimeters or more in diameter
- If you are in need of other vascular treatments, as well
- If you are experiencing an aortic aneurysm as the result of a genetic condition
There are two types of aortic aneurysm repair available at our facility in Goldsboro:
- Open abdomen surgery. Dr. Albrecht will replace the affected part of your aorta with a synthetic graft that acts as a tube. As this is considered to major surgery, your recovery period will be at least one month long.
- Endovascular surgery. In this procedure, Dr. Albrecht will use a catheter to place a stent graft inside your aneurysm as a system of added support to your aorta. While this allows for a shorter recovery period, most patients, but not everyone, are a candidate for endovascular surgery.
Turn to Wayne Vascular & Vein for Your Aortic Aneurysm Repair
When you need potentially life-saving surgery to fix your aortic aneurysm in Goldsboro, the attentive care and reliable treatments you need are available at Wayne Vascular & Vein. Contact us online or give us a call at 919-587-3333 to schedule your consultation today.
Wayne Health Vascular & Vein Center performs aortic aneurysm repair for patients who are in danger of a rupture in Goldsboro, NC.